Seriously Off-the-Hook Crock-Pot Chicken
Healthy, delicious living.
Put some healthy ballast under your Umami of Life….
This dinner was easy, ever so healthy, delicious enough to be proud of and make me want more… and good for a solid four other meals…
The chicken was succulent, moist, and fell off the bone. I spooned it on a 2 leaves of uncooked chopped kale (the hot chicken, veggies, and broth lightly steams the kale.)
Place in the crockpot:
2 bay leaves
In a separate dish, season 3lbs chicken (I used on-the-bone, parts). Organic, of course! Unless you like to eat arsenic. Which the FDA allows in small quantities in chicken feed. If they eat it; we eat it.
- Seasoning can be what you have on hand. I used this mix:
- Red pepper chili flakes (I went lightly, but evenly on the top).
- The following combination, I layered on.
- Za’taar Seasoning (a middle eastern spice heavy on the Thyme, Sesame Seeds and a mix of other seasonings). I get mine at Sahadi’s in Brooklyn. They have an online store.
- Ginger – powdered
- Ginger Root – grated
Layer chicken pieces on the top of all the diced vegetables.
Mix this dressing, and drizzle over the whole pot.
- 1/3 cup Liquid Aminos* or Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- Splash Sesame oil
- Spoon Dijon Mustard
- Spoon Chopped Garlic
Turn Crockpot on High, for 5 hours.
Spoon Chicken, Veggie, & Broth on to Chopped Kale.
Enjoy with a nice medium bodied wine. I chose a glass of Rioja.
* a salt free, wheat free substitute for Soy Sauce. You can find it at Health Food Stores. Bonus: helps your digestion.
Sign up for free, private email updates with tips on a healthy, beautiful, delicious lifestyle.
Easy Related Posts
Raw Chocolate Fudge
Raw Chocolate Fudge SOAK for about 10 minutes: ¼ cup chia seeds ¼ cup ground flax seeds 1 capful ...read more
Cesare Casella's Recipe | Insalata di Pesche
Insalata di Pesche Peach Salad © Cesare Casella This is a popular dish in summer when peaches are ...read more
Recipe: Creamy Carrot Soup
Creamy carrot soup 2 onions 1 cube tofu a bunch of carrots – 8 large? Spoonful of grated garlic ...read more
Recipe: Lentil, Turnip, Coconut Soup
SOUP Lentil | Turnip | Coconut MAIN INGREDIENTS: Cut & add to crockpot or large soup pan: 4 turnips 2 ...read more